Friday 7 June 2013

Women's Ashes (Mostly Not) On SKY

In a reply to Martin Davies on Twitter, SKY TV appear to have confirmed that there will be very limited coverage of the Women's Ashes on SKY Sports.

The @SkyCricket account tweeted:  
"Last 3 matches* of women's Ashes series live on Sky Sports."
(* In other words, the 3 T20 matches.) 

I have to admit that I was pessimistic that ANYTHING apart from the two T20 double-headers would be televised, so in a way this is good news.

But I am still a bit disappointed - providing the Test "goes the distance", that's 7 days of cricket going begging; and while it's SKY's prerogative not to show them if they don't want to, I do think that fall-back rights should then revert to someone else who might.

Meanwhile, we should give a cheer to BBC Radio 5 Live, who will be broadcasting every game; and I look forward to tuning-in on those days when I can't be at the ground. (And possibly even those days when I am - although it isn't clear whether the coverage will be on 5LSX or only on-line???)

(Finally... today's WTF? Award goes to Laura Malkin, for her reply to Martin's plea for all the games to be shown - apparently "that would be very boring"!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.