Friday 21 March 2014

Women's #WT20 Predictions

If we've learned one thing in the past year... and (in the immortal words of Homer Simpson) we haven't... it's that I'm terrible at predictions. I predicted that Australia would win the 2013 Ashes and the 2014 Ashes. As the kids say* - Hash-tag Epic Fail!

So what did you think when you voted? Well, the poll results are in, and here they are:


Australia by a length then!

But I'm not so sure!

England are always going to be in with a shout, especially if Anya Shrubsole can stay fit (admittedly a big 'if') and reproduce the 4-wicket form she showed in the final warm-up game.

I wouldn't read too much into New Zealand's disastrous performance in that game though - strange things happen psychologically when it starts to go south, and you know in your heart-of-hearts that it doesn't really matter; and what happened today will not happen again!

I would read a lot more into the West Indies match against Australia though, mainly because of THAT innings from Deandra Dottin - 78 from 48 balls - a strike rate of over 160!

When Dottin is on-form, she can do what no one else in women's cricket can - hit the big, big shots that can change the game in the blink of an eye. And boy was she on form today, against the strongest bowling attack in the tournament!

That's why my heart says England, but in my head... I'm going for a West Indies win!

------------------
* Apparently!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.